Sunday, October 18, 2009

From A Dream To Reality


Jennifer Sobel

"You can design, create and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~ Walt Disney

The Brandi Fenton Memorial Park in Tucson, AZ was created by a large group of dedicated peers, friends, and families to express a dream that memorializes a young girl whose life was cut short in 2003.




4 comments:

  1. Texture and color are the most prominent elements of art in this picture, which is why i am drawn to it so much. I love how this piece of art was created by a community of people, and then put in a community for everyone to see. To make this picture better, maybe try cropping it so that on the right side, the picture stops right at the piece of work instead of having the wall behind it showing as much.

    Briana B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite photograph that your group took, I really like the contrast between the colored tiles that make up the tree and the solid neutral wall in the background. Also I really like how the texture of the tiled tree is reveled in the photograph (the grout in between the tiles contrasts with the glossy vibrant tiles it connects). If the picture was to be modified I would recommend cropping the right side so the wall isn't ending also the top of the photograph so the sky isn't in the photo-this would make the tree have a greater presence in the image. Also it would be interesting to take the same photography from a lower viewpoint-angled up at the tree (maybe ground level) to see if it makes the tree seem more dramatic and large. I really love how the wall bends in the photograph its a great element of the artwork that you captured well!
    Jordan M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture because it really hits close to home as I was good friends with the girl that this memorial was built for. Seeing it again close up makes it obvious of all the details that were put into the original piece of art. It also represents many of the different aspects of Brandi Fenton's life with objects such as the heart, etc. This picture itself is very intriguing because it leaves you wondering what else is behind the wall.

    ReplyDelete